Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Finding Beauty in Imperfections

 
Sometimes a phrase, idea, quotation or topic just seems to "pop into my head". Often it is at unexpected times so I can't really just sit down and blog at that exact moment. When it happens though I have learned to jot down quickly a few words or notes, so when I have a chance I can muse a bit about this little tidbit that has crept into my mind or sometimes totally invaded my life. Which is what I call it when an idea, song lyric, or phrase gets caught in my mind and refuses to leave until I address it. Over a week ago I thought "finding beauty in imperfections". That's it....there was no earth shattering thing happening at the time...just this little phrase.  I didn't really know what this musing would be about but simply that it would present itself again.
 
Originally I thought that perhaps it related to the fact that as humans none of us is perfect, that the pressure of trying to be might actually drive us away from our spiritual selves. I wondered what bible verse might relate. I had no idea. Then this little image caught my eye.   
 
 
There can't be anything more beautiful than that. In our imperfections we provide God with opportunities to be in our lives. For His power to flow into the world via our weaknesses.
 
Perhaps it's like a symbiotic relationship.
Symbiotic relationships include those associations in which one organism lives on another or where one partner lives inside the other . I know it sounds a little weird but I am thinking abut God residing inside each of us. His grace; his kindness and favor, unearned, yet given freely.  
 
Imperfections are judgment calls. What one calls imperfect, another may find quite beautiful. As humans, however we are imperfect and always will be. That is the nature of humanity. Our spiritual self can through God's grace reach a different level. In doing so it is God's strength revealed through us.  That's not a mandate to wallow in your imperfections or mistakes but rather a path to revealing the you God wants you to become.
 
 
 
No one is perfect. We will stumble, we will fall, we will need to start over again. We aren't pencils so we don't have erasers but we have something even better. We have God's grace and the forgiveness of sins. It's like a fresh start without the smudges left from an eraser!
 
 
Hugs to you all, imperfections are beautiful.
I feel a tad "unfinished", like there is something else I need to say or discover or think about this musing. Who knows perhaps it will come to me and we will have part two about the beauty of imperfections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...