Friday, February 14, 2014

A Love So Amazing

 
 
"He became sin
Who knew no sin
That we might become His righteousness
He humbled Himself and carried the cross
 
Love so amazing
Love so amazing"
 
(Jesus Messiah lyrics)
 
Sometimes we do not feel loved but one only needs to think about Jesus and His great love for us to know that love is a powerful source of strength. Without a great strength, how could He suffer and die so that others need not?
 
 
Love so amazing indeed.  I often draw strength from His love because as frail humans our strength, even the mightiest of us, is so weak in comparison. When I'm lost, it is there. When I am happy it is there. When I am seeking it is there. When I think I'm strong enough to stand alone, it is there. Quiet and steady, waiting.
 
I think that our ability to feel love, even though ours pales in comparison is a great gift. With the ability to love, also comes risk and sometimes sadness. At times one may even question the advisability of even opening that source inside us, the tender part of our souls that allows us to feel love. It has dangers but also great rewards.
 
 
Yet, to me, our ability to love (and allow ourselves to be loved by others) is in relation to our ability to reach our soul. To connect with that part of ourselves that has almost a direct connection to God.
Take some time to reflect on love and know that God has given you an ability to reach the deepest level of your being.
 
Hugs and love from me to you!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...