Saturday, February 8, 2014

Bear with Me, Lord

 
Lord
Bear with me as I find my way
Through this world.
 
It's complicated.
Answers do not always come easy
 
Lord
Bear with me
When I make mistakes
 
When I do not have the courage
To do the things You planned for me.
 
Lord
Bear with me
When I miss Your voice
In the noise of this crazy world.
 
Here is something I ponder a lot....how do I know it's God?  Am I missing His voice with all the craziness of everyday life?  Hello....I wish He had a ringing bell or something He sounds when He is trying to speak to me, or nudge me in a specific direction. I doubt myself. Is it really what God wants or am I reading my own wants and needs and personal wishes into it?
 
"A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps".
Proverbs 14:15
 
I'm sure I am going to misinterpret some Bible verses here. I told you in the first post that I'm not a Biblical scholar. I have to work with what I have.
 
My problem, perhaps is not believing "anything" but being overly cautious. I think it is wise to stop and think before action. To wonder...is this really what I am supposed to be doing? To question that some project or idea we take on is the right direction and not just something we are consumed with for some other reason all together. Hearing God's voice against the background noise of life is hard.
 
"For God does speak—now one way, now another
    though no one perceives it.
In a dream, in a vision of the night,
    when deep sleep falls on people
    as they slumber in their beds."
                                                                       Job 33 14-15

I've always thought God speaks to me in "strange ways".  Hearing just the "right" song when I need a message from it. Leading me to people who share their stories with me and help me grow in unexpected ways. Books that I "choose" to read that take me on adventures of the soul I might otherwise miss. Giving me the words to speak or write that might be helpful to someone. Or giving me an awesome quote that directs my life.

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a way that when you die the world cries and you rejoice."
   Native American Proverb

 
Sometimes I'm like this little polar bear...and I want to say to God..."stop already". I can't take one more whisper, one more "hidden meaning", one more nudge. It usually doesn't last long though....musing is as natural as humming (to me). So I rest, have a little fun, don't stress about it...and pretty soon...another little gem pops up in my life...that adds dimension, sparkle, understanding and joy. Soul musings....
 
Hugs from me to each of you. May you experience the joy of life.
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...