Sunday, August 26, 2018

September Promises


I've been playing around with different faith journals and ways to stay on track during my faith journey. When I was using my planner set up sometimes I got discouraged or felt guilty because there were days or weeks when I didn't really "keep up". This was self-defeating and served no real purpose. Yet now I have the urge to go back to my planner version of faith art journaling, realizing that even when I don't complete each page it still moves me further along than a more loosely organized journal. I'm itching to start but I just can't bring myself to start a planner in September. I love starting my new planners in January so until then I'll use a makeshift version to get me through the year! 

I also miss the weekly framework I started this adventure with several years ago.

Week One: Prayer Week
Week Two: Bible Week
Week Three: Silence and Solitude
Week Four Express It
Fifth Week: Choice (as applicable)

Lastly, I miss my word or theme of the month. I know...if I miss all of it so much why did I wander away? You know...the novelty of new and the guilt for not producing something on every page. Well, hindsight is 20/20 so not going to dwell on it. 

Here are my monthly themes for the rest of the year. 

September: Promises
October: Lost
November: Found
December: Journey

Hugs to each of you. I am so looking forward to musing with you again here on Soul Musings. As always my hope is that you will find some small thing to encourage you, support you and inspire you here on the blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...