Sunday, January 5, 2020

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a special emphasis on it this year! A couple of years ago as part of my Faith Art Journaling, I embarked on a year of Soul Care and even though I'm not sure I finished every little thing I planned to do, it was definitely uplifting and inspiring. God calls us to live a life of joy. Yes of course service too and many other things but he does want us to feel joy, to treasure the beauty of the world he created and to inspire ourselves and others.


Last time I used a framework based on the weekly calendar in my planner but this time I am using my Wellness Planner and I will just use the monthly calendar format. All the soul care will be tucked in there with my exercise schedule, weigh-ins (gonna black those out if I take pics, lol), and any other tidbits. BUT.....isnt that how our lives should be? Integrated? Our spiritual life shouldn't be separated from everything else we have going on.  I'll still use monthly and weekly themes though. If you'd like to follow mine that's great but feel free to pick whatever resonates with you. 

January 2020: Anxiety and a Life of Joy

 Jan 6-10:  Week One is Verses and Quotes (This is a change from my old format where I only used Bible Verses)  I wanted to broaden the category not because the Bible doesn't have plenty to say but because I believe God puts in front of us those things we need to hear. 

Jan. 13-17 Week Two is Prayer Write your own, use one you find that seems to fit, sing your prayer or meditate. Pick one prayer for the week or several. Just do it daily. 

Jan 20-24 Week Three is Silence and Solitude. You don't have to do a lot this week. Just find 10-15 minutes of silence and solitude. I think you will find this more challenging than you might imagine. I try to clear my mind and listen to God (silencing my own internal voice is quite a challenge). 

Jan. 27-31 Week Four is Express Your Faith Week. This is open to all manner of expression. Have a conversation of faith with someone, write poetry, draw or paint, use your creative juices to open new pathways to God and your spiritual self.  I find this to be an interesting week, often opening myself up to new ideas or connections that I have never considered before. 

Please join Soul Musings on Facebook to get updates and ideas as we begin Soul Care 2020. 


Hugs to each of you. Do not give in to anxiety and fear, together we will work through January and find seeds of inspiration and faith on our journey. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...