Friday, December 19, 2014

Beginnings: January 2015

I'm restless tonight with a hundred things to do. Christmas is coming and I'm behind schedule due to spending a lot of time at the hospital this week with my sister who is quite ill. I'm in a little bit of a slump from some other things that are on my mind. The "unfairness" of life. To calm and cheer myself I decided to try to "round out" our January Soul Care Journey.

 
 
 
I decided that to help us have a "framework" to work within that I would pick a "focus" for each month. The focus for January is going to be Beginnings. Furthermore we will endeavor to follow a pattern each month. January will look like this.....
 
 
January 4th-10th   Prayer Week  On the fourth we will explore beginnings and you will pick a prayer(s) focus for the week. This may seem weird or strange at first but I think after we start to muse about beginnings you will find many places this might fit into your life or the life of a loved one.
 
January 11th-17th  Scripture Week  On the 11th we will explore several different bible verses and you will choose on for your weekly "soul care" work.  If none of them seem to resonant with you, you can certainly pick another of your own choosing. Scriptures are our arsenal of soul care. Having them in our hearts and souls strengthen us in times of need.
 
January 18th -24th Silence and Solitude: We will set aside just ten minutes a day of quiet time this week to muse. I know its hard to find this time but it's only for one week! I believe it will enrich our lives.
 
January 25th- 31st : Express: We will explore options for the "express" week and you will pick one to use during this week. There are any number of ways to complete the express week and you can choose a different one each month if you desire.
 
 
Connections: January doesn't have a fifth week or a partial week (well it does on the 1-3) but I will still include some "connections" things to muse about and perhaps complete after the month has passed. I'm going to be honest I'm not exactly sure how the connections aspect is going to play out but I feel like it needs to be included so we will play around with it and see how it works. 

I'm excited to get started on this new spiritual journey. I will be doing some Facebook posts throughout each week sharing my personal thoughts, posing questions, and endeavoring to keep us motivated with our "soul care."  Therefore you might want to "like" the Facebook Soul Musings page, so they will appear in your news feed.  The page is HERE

Hugs to everyone. Have a great week!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...