Sunday, December 14, 2014

Soul Care 2015


'For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?"  Mark 8:36

I'd like to invite you to join me in 2015 for a weekly "soul care" practice/assignment. Don't worry it will be simple!  Nothing complex or elaborate. I'm actually still ironing out my thoughts about this weekly "assignment. I think each month will have 4-5 weekly care "areas" and then each month we will rotate through each of the areas. I'm not sure exactly how it will "unfold" but I hope you will join me in forging ahead in 2015 as we grow in our relationship with God and with ourselves.

This is just a rough draft of how a month might unfold:

Week One: Prayer (we might have a prayer focus or not...this is something I need to think about more)

Week Two: Scripture (if we have a prayer focus our scripture week will go along with that)

Week Three: Solitude/Silence/Musing (more details later)

Week Four: Express It (journaling, art, blog posts, YOU pick the form your Express It will take) I would suggest you pick one form and use it each month...so for example perhaps you will start a faith art journal and then week four each month you will add a page to it.

Week Five (for months with 5...or maybe this might be a partial week) Connections (again this might take different forms for different people)

As I said this is all just in it's infancy...so I'll see how it works.

Hugs to each of you, may you have a blessed Christmas and hopefully join me in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...