Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Faith, Lies and Dealing with Satan




Life's been a little hectic of late. I'm just feeling physically tired and emotionally drained. To be honest I've neglected my musing a bit and I've let my spiritual journey take a bit of a back seat. I think this has only added to my fatigue.

I've been writing little things in my day planner and my home notebook but I still feel lost and adrift. I don't feel like getting "out of the boat" at all. I know it's simply a mood and it will shift but then the other day I was thinking..."what happened?" I felt so uplifted by my prayers, faith and musings that it felt wonderful. Then suddenly...I feel like I got hit by a train and I didn't see it coming.

 It slipped into my mind that perhaps something is afoot here. Stumbling blocks planted by Satan himself. I wrote early that I believed in evil but wasn't sure of its shape or form. Yet I found myself asking myself this..."Why would Satan care if I mused, blogged, jotted prayers in my planners and such?" It's just little old me. I'm not really particularly important in any spiritual movement. I'm not out to save the world. My circle of influence is pretty small.

Since I was musing about Satan and his ways anyway I decided to do a bit of reading about the ways Satan attempts to place stumbling blocks in our lives. Bear with me here because this is indeed just an unformed musing about this....an attempt to clear my own head and get back on track. 

Satan creates doubt. Not just doubt in ourselves but doubt about God and God's love. Making us question whether we are important to God. Why does he want us to doubt?

 "Jesus replied, "Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done." Matthew 21:21

He wants us to doubt so we do not discover the great power we have through faith.


Satan lies. He twists the words of God and even today he places people in our paths that lie and twist the truth. Why?

"Speaking to a group of Jews, Jesus says, “You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies”  John 8:44.

Satan wants you to believe his lies rather than the teaching of Jesus so he can control you and prevent you from "becoming" the spiritual person you can become when you connect with God.


Satan wants to use your moods and desires to tempt you to "worship" and place value on things that are not in accord with God's plans. Jealousy, greed, sinful appetites Satan has learned well how to play on each of these, as well as, many others.

"And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one." Matthew 6:13

Why? He wants to prevent you from "becoming". He wants you to fail to reach your spiritual peak and for you to un-become into nothingness.



Well I warned you I would end up rambling. Do you notice that the first picture that goes with this post seems to have nothing to do with the direction I headed while writing?  That's because I first thought I would write a post about rejoicing in each day that the Lord gives us, seeing the positives in life and such but as so often happens God took me in a whole other direction.

He knows my feelings, the little thoughts that have been popping into my head about where am I going with this whole spiritual blogging, the way I feel small and insignificant (like why would Satan want to bother me?).  I'm not sure I've "solved" anything through this rambling journey of thoughts about Satan but at least I felt God's presence. Frankly the solution is not mine to find but with God's strength I will continue my musings and spiritual journey.  

Hugs to each of you.  I feel bad whining about my spiritual shortcomings when so many of you have life altering circumstances playing out in your lives. But in truth I can only write about what I know, this little glimpse into my journey that I share with you. Much love to all of you that read these wild and rambling posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...