Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Be Still My Heart


Every day contains some dark moments. (Ok maybe that's an exaggeration...maybe it's some days not most). Today was a day of both awe and despair. It's so easy to feel lost on the path, to try to reach others and not be heard, to attempt to express your deepest fears and thoughts with them falling on deaf ears. One thing I know is that God is never deaf. That alone made me smile. It made me shift from the weariness of human interactions to the glory of God's whispers.

He told me not to fear, not to be near tears, not to feel frustration because in time all will be right. And furthermore he said that what doesn't get "right" really isn't that important. He is always true. Think about it. What doesn't get "right" isn't important. It's true.

"Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out."    Proverbs 10:9

 
So I plan to let the sun set on the frustrations of life. To ignore those that seem set on ways that are ill advised, deceptive, or manipulative. To be secure that "crooked ways" will be found out. Be still my heart, hear only the whispers of God, and approach each day with a grateful heart.
 
Hugs to each and everyone of you. I am honored you took some time to read my thoughts and will pray that your heart will be still so that you can hear the whispers offered to you by God.
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...