Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Waiting and God's Promises

Just a couple days ago I was talking with a friend about prayer and faith and "waiting" to see what happens in different situations. We both agreed that we were rather impatient people and unrealistically wanted "immediate" answers. He shared the idea of praying about "what should I be doing while I'm waiting?"  This opened my heart to being able to pray and I have been using his suggestion since.

Perhaps his suggestion allowed my heart, frozen by anxiety, to melt just a bit and in doing so it has caused me to muse about waiting and God's promises. I've written before about how my prayer life has evolved and how difficult sometime it is to not just "tell" God what you want to have happen but rather to take the situation to God and allow Him to work through it in his time and with his unique and all powerful insight and wisdom. Now I want to muse about that most difficult of all things....waiting.

 
I think the first thing to address is captured in the image above. God has a plan. He does not bring you to something that he is not willing or not going to bring you through. No matter how difficult and no matter the outcome in the end, He has a purpose. If He brings you TO it....he will bring you THROUGH it....perhaps in unexpected ways.
 
 
Here's another gem to remember. God's timing is always perfect. Oh dear me, I struggle with this as I want every thing settled immediately. I want my answers like NOW. But what if going through the waiting is part of the answer. What if the struggles you have in processing your situation are exactly what's needed for you to move forward in strong and powerful ways?  What if a fast answer is, in fact, stunting your growth?
 
 
Sometimes waiting feels like wishing on a star. Is it just randomly throwing our hopes and dreams and heart into the vast darkness of the universe?  Faith, even strong faith can let doubt seep in. Wait expectantly for God's answer (which we all know may not be the answer we want or expect). But wait expectantly, knowing that in God's time He will bring about the resolution that is right.
 
 
God's plan is bigger than all of us, more powerful and will increase your spiritual relationship with him. Don't fear it, embrace it and wait with a light heart for His answers.
 
 
Isn't this the truth? God's answers come at unexpected times, in unexpected packages, in words that surprise us, and suddenly all that seemed lost is resolved in sparkling clarity. This isn't a promise of rainbows and sunshine but know he will answer in the best way at the best time. Prepare your heart to receive his answer and wait filled with love and faith.
 
Hugs to each of you and may God's promises fill your December days.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...