Monday, December 28, 2015

Looking Forward: 2016

 
Please consider this your open invitation to join me for Soul Care 2016.  Soul Care is a month by month, study, reflection, art journaling, discussion process that's main purpose is to deepen your spiritual connection to God.
 
You can join me here on the blog or over on the Soul Musing Facebook page. "Joining" Soul Musings 2016 can mean different things for different people. Some will simply read and reflect on what is written here or posted on Facebook. Some will comment or add their own thoughts. Some will buy an art journal or planner and create their own course of study or follow the one I am doing. Soul Musings is simply one avenue for you to walk the path God has set before you.
 
I'm excited for 2016!  God wants us to live a joyful life, and so often life here on this (at the moment) very rainy place we call earth can be complicated and stressful. Pain does exist and there are many storms to weather, both real and internally. As our faith grows and we seek God's will, some of those anxieties fall away and we are better able to cope with the multitude of things thrown at us.
 
I'm planning on a slightly different approach to Soul Care this year and I'd like to share it with you.
 
 
This is my new planner. It's a Happy Planner that I created a new faith based cover for. I have some other covers so I will most likely change them throughout the year. Last year I did both the planner and a Bible study so when I was thinking about 2016, I decided to combined both into one location. I'm not sure how it will work but we are about to find out!
 
 
At the beginning of each month there is a monthly page which I altered to work for my faith art journal. I haven't finished filling in all of the things for January yet. 
 
 
 
The inside of the planner has a monthly view and I will basically follow the same format in regards to monthly focus topics.  The first nine months of the year will focus on the fruits of the spirit.
 
Week One is always prayer week. This is a good time to ask for God's guidance for the month ahead and for him to open your heart and mind to Him.
 
Week Two is Bible Week and I look for and read verses pertaining to the monthly topic. It is amazing how often those verses speak to my life at the moment and uplift and guide me.
 
Week Three is Silence and Solitude Week which is the most difficult. Clearing my mind to hear God's voice is hard in this busy world. This year I am going to add the practice of lighting a candle during this reflective time as a reminder that God is the Light of the World and darkness cannot outshine his light.
 
Week Four is Express It Week which is when I tried to art journal my faith in some small way. The creative process opens our hearts to God in a different way than other forms of worship.
 
Any "extra" weeks in the month are bonus weeks to use however I wish.
 
 
 
The weekly views in the planner are set up a little different and I have a bit more room than I did in the spiral bound one in 2015. I plan to decorate each weekly view and use the sections as follows:
 
1. Top boxes will be used for the month Soul Care focus.
 
2. Middle boxes will be for art, doodles. inspirational pictures or other things of that nature.
 
3. The bottom boxes I am going to use to track my Bible study.
 
I am honored to share my ideas and thoughts with you and hope they help you on your journey toward a deeper relationship with God.
 
Hugs to all of you.
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...