Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Why I'm Praying

Why I'm praying for Jordanian pilot Lt. Muath al-Kaseasbeh and his family.



I'm not here to debate politics, military action, to defend the U.S.or to condemn any other religion. I'm here because I know God, and evil. I know that sometimes this world becomes a topsey turvey place that none of us can really understand.

I know some will say they do not want my prayers because I do not believe in their God but I believe in my God, therefore I pray.

I pray that he has safe passage in his journey to the other world. The world beyond this one where suffering and fighting does not exist. I pray for his family that they have strength and comfort during not only a great loss but a horrific loss. I pray for the country of Jordan that they too seek comfort and understanding and have strength in the coming days.

I pray for all the countries of the world, that they come to the realization that evil does exist, that God does exist, that a more global community needs to develop that has a softer, kinder approach to all people.

I pray for an end of war, for the senseless loss of life over money, and politics, and archaic beliefs.

In the coming days we will most likely discover the true political impact this young man had, not only on his country but on the world in general. The loss of his life may become the guiding force in decisions to come. I pray those decisions are made wisely, objectively and with guidance from God.

As it is prayer week I hope you will join me in LOVE and PRAYER for his family and his country. It certainly fits the challenge of praying for someone you might not "agree with".

Hugs to each of you and may God be ever present in the coming days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...