Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Conversations with God 2018



We are nine days into 2018 and one of the things I wanted to do in 2018 is start blogging again. Blogging is easy on the best of days when ideas flow and the internal critic does not limit the flow of words onto the page. It's hard on days when no ideas seem to present themselves for dissection. It's extremely difficult on days when one lets the doubt of self expression creep into the mind and sometimes into the soul. The whole " I have nothing worthwhile to say" permeates and discourages.

Writing doesn't happen in isolation. It happens from nudges and whispers, from a kaleidoscope of things, both external events and internal musings. Often here at Soul Musings I am guided by my spiritual wonderings, whispers from God and topics that just keep presenting themselves for consideration. Sometimes there are things I feel compelled to write about because for me writing is a method of sorting through things, bringing myself to a higher level of  awareness. As I've mentioned before I primarily write for myself and if in the process something I write is helpful to someone else in some small way then that is an added plus. 

Conversations with God 2018 is a series of topics I hope to ponder. God calls us not to accept the world as it is but to work toward a more compassionate, loving world. Not an easy thing in 2018. I don't have a predetermined list, I am counting on God to present to me the things that I need to reflect on. He has a unique way of doing this. Sometimes he hits me over the head with it and at other times there are gentle nudges. At times a person wanders into my life that is the seed of spiritual reflection. Surprisingly, or maybe not, this is not always a "church person" or someone whose life is dedicated in the typical way to God. I learn from all for as 1Thessaionians 5:21 instructs us.....

"Test all things, hold fast to that which is good."

Hugs to each of you as we embark on this journey through 2018. May God's conversations with you bless you life in unexpected ways. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...