Saturday, November 25, 2017

Journey to Christmas


I’ve been thinking a lot about Christmas lately. Haven’t we all, what with shopping, and concerts, and house cleaning to do. I wrote a blog post over at Ginger’s Journey as few years ago about the path to Christmas. Traveling along that road each year can be a peaceful inspiring journey. It can also be a melancholy trip depending on what we focus on.

I’d like to blog “The Journey to Christmas” this year. I’m not promising a daily post because whenever I set lofty goals I tend to fall short. The Journey to Christmas started long ago before I was born and before you were too. In fact it started even before the birth of Christ. It started as a deep meaningful love from God to each of us. It came about because of this enduring and graceful love that our God offers us. He knew we needed help on this path through a tumultuous world. He devised a plan so simple yet incredibly generous.

As we move through the next few weeks, caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays, the excitement and the exhaustion, the meaningful and the mundane will seep into our journey. Look for the unexpected. Wait for the message of hope and listen for the whispers God sends our way.

Hugs to each of you on this trip, this journey to Christmas, and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...