Sunday, April 30, 2017

Soul Musings-52 Weeks Introduction

Soul Musings is my own attempt to put into words my thoughts and reflections about this journey through life. While we traverse through the landscape of our life we are with family and friends, yet it is really is a solitary quest. Each journey is unique to the individual traveling it with no one's experience quite the same. There are common themes and threads, there are universal "truths" but in the end, my journey is mine and yours is yours. For now though we can travel together for a bit and keep each other company along the paths of life.

Soul Musings, like me, is eclectic. In seeking understanding, in traversing the landscape of life, in connecting with my soul, I refuse to be limited by one philosophy, one religion, or one culture. A strong belief in God is not diminished by reading, listening, and seeking guidance from other belief systems or from my own imagination. No matter what your spirituality is based on, I invite you to broaden it through this experience. As we examine each concept, belief, idea, or thought we will find that many are similar and often provide new insights and a deeper level of "being."

Soul Musings is designed to be used weekly. One topic per week for meditation, reflection, thought, journaling or discussion. Over the course of a year, we will explore beliefs and ideas that highlight the soul, a concept that is elusive and yet interwoven into so many aspects of life. At the end of each topic, you will discover a question or a reflection designed to take you deeper into this journey.

With deepest regard for the human spirit and your own personal knowledge, I invite you to partake of my humble Soul Musings and hope you use them to gain a deeper personal connection to your soul and your spiritual journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...