Monday, June 15, 2015

Looking for Rainbows in the Silence

 
This week I'm practicing Silence and Solitude. I came across this picture and it made me think about rainbows in the silence.
 
First it struck me that the rainbow path was a set of stairs. This in turn made me contemplate how all rainbows aren't smooth and easy paths. Sometimes when we follow a rainbow it's challenging. You have to climb to the top to really appreciate the rainbow.
 
Second the path made me think of following a rainbow and the warmth and comfort that the rainbow brings us. Right at the top, the lighted door and the safety and comfort of the home awaits. Then I went on musing and thought about how we can create rainbows for others....and in doing so that might require us to climb a few steps, put ourselves forth a bit...but in the end we are leaving a rainbow trail behind!
 
I also thought about rainbows in the silence...sometimes we do paint rainbows for others and they don't notice them, or they don't mention them or perhaps even they don't say thank you. That's ok. In the silence the rainbow is still there and it is not less powerful.
 
Hugs to each of you....may you find rainbows in the silence this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...