Sunday, July 20, 2014

August Bible Study 1 John

I know...I know...I haven't finished posting my Study of the Gospel of John yet but honestly I finished it before going to Alaska in June. I just got "off track" of actually writing about it. I'll still be posting all of my chapter thoughts here on Soul Musings but I want to get back to my daily study also.  I put that off, thinking I'd wait till I finished posting the Gospel of Jonh posts but since I'm so slow ....I'm getting restless. I tried some random verses that all focused on the same topic and quite honestly I just couldn't get into that approach so I'm back to picking a book to study.  I'm hoping to get the Gospel of John posts up before the end of July so I can start "fresh" with the new study in August.


I've decided to continue with John by reading 1 John, know as an epistle. An epistle is a writing directed or sent to a person or a group of people using an elegant and formal didactic letter. 1 John is not the only epistles but it is the one I will be reading and refelcting on in August.

Since 1 John is a shorter book of the Bible I will break it into 5 weeks, one week for each of the chapters. I plan to read and reflect daily and will attempt to get a post up at the beginning of each week with things to ponder and a post at the end of the week with some thoughts. Np promises though because life does happen around here...and well sometimes life is just more important than blogging!

Hugs! I look forward to sharing my experience, thoughts, and questions about 1 John with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...