Thursday, May 15, 2014

Divided Soul


Be forewarned this is another one of those long winding musings that goes in a lot of different directions and in the end rarely has a "true" answer. It all started this morning when I was reading a daily devotional book. It talked about a person being "divided" between wanting to do the "right" thing and yet being pulled not to. It talked about how even Peter questioned this saying how he wanted to do good but just couldn't seem to make it to that level or to sustain it.

It used the term "divided heart" which I can see but then it used the term "soul divided". That gave me pause. I've never really thought of the soul being divided. In fact, I didn't think it could be. I decided immediately to do some musings and writing on this concept. Then suddenly I was like....I can't be the only person who has ever pondered this....Yes God leads me down mysterious pathways....so I did a little digging. Below is a picture from my Bible study notebook that captures just a few of the things I read and also includes my own personal thoughts.


This page captures my rambling musings and where I am headed with the whole idea of the soul divided. Let's face it...I'm not Plato or Aristotle. I almost hesitated to write about this for that very fact. Yet how do great philosophers get to be great philosophers? They read, think, ponder, muse and wander down paths of thought, I CAN do that...and so can you!

I'll be back another time to give you my cliff note version of previous thinking about the divided soul. At that time I'll also venture out into my personal philosophy about the soul, whether it can truly be divided and the role that "spirit" plays. Disclaimer: It will be my personal thinking so feel free to disagree....in fact I would love to hear your own thoughts of the subject because it will definitely shape my musings.  I love these little adventures into thought....they are the true heart of musings.

Hugs!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Care 2020

I think 2020 will be a great year for another round of Soul Care. Well, technically we should be doing that all the time but lets put a spec...